Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts on PS3 debacle?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Mon May 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Is anyone else keeping an eye on this whole murder mystery PS3 vs. Anonymous thing? If not, the linked video can clear up some of the confusion. For those of you who already know, and those that just learned, what are your thoughts on the whole thing? Which side is right? Do you think there is going to be any long term effects this could have on the industry? What would those effects be? Do you think this litany of failures Sony has had over the past year will kill the Playstation? Are you glad you bought a 360? Am I the only one that gets a kick out of this? Personally, that has a new twist or turn every few days has been like reading a good book, full of poetic justice and hilarious failures to use common sense, and I'm almost sad to see it start to come to a close as of yesterday.

2Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Mon May 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Ok playstation is skrewd they have to restart their network and than
Recreate the settingS and edit alot so they don't get hacked again but their
Most likely to shut it down for a long time and give playstation players a sorry gift
And move on and creating another crapy system and online gameplay features

3Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Mon May 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Aww, give them credit! They might recover, but they will still have this as a black eye for a very long time. On the flip side, this more than likely will make them push out their new console faster and add thing like cross-game chat, or other things the xbox has had for years. The bad news is, if they do that, and the Wii puts out their new system on schedule, Microsoft will feel the need to jump on the bandwagon and let out their new system sooner. which will equal another expensive piece of technology to get and the average price of games will probably raise too, all of which equals my wallet being in a large amount of pain!

4Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Ok think of it this way "playstation got hacked havnt herd from them since" but I havnt gave up yet though

P.S
Another xbox system?

5Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Well, they finally started trying to slowly turn the PSN back on after a month. And the Xbox 360 hit five years in use this year. Normally this is the time that everyone starts a new "generation" of consoles, but so far Wii is the only one to show any interest in doing that. If thats right, then Sony and Microsoft will probably ignore Nintendo's upgrade because there isn't any need for a new console generation. However, with all these people digging into the inner workings of the PS3 that would possibly encourage them to put out a new console in the next year or so. If that happens then 2 out of the 3 major consoles would've leapt into the next generation which I am now referring to as "The Super Next Gen" for lack of any official title. Then Microsoft would have to release a new Xbox or else they would be in the danger zone of being left behind in the console war.

6Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Tue May 17, 2011 9:04 am

MajGraff

MajGraff

I just hope that Microsoft doesn't release a new system. I really don't want to spend the money on getting a new system.

7Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 pm

SMGstrings

SMGstrings

MajGraff wrote:I just hope that Microsoft doesn't release a new system. I really don't want to spend the money on getting a new system.
Bare minimum 2 years before we see a new Microsoft console on the shelves.

8Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Tue May 17, 2011 6:18 pm

SMGstrings wrote:
MajGraff wrote:I just hope that Microsoft doesn't release a new system. I really don't want to spend the money on getting a new system.
Bare minimum 2 years before we see a new Microsoft console on the shelves.
Thats the hope, but since they will have had more time to work on the console I want freaking holograms popping out of my t.v.!

9Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 pm

If you think About it its kinda funny
1.playstation got hacked and is sueing
2.after they sue him he hacks them again
3.he shuts down the entire network and 77million people down
4.he shuts down all users and coders
5.playstation network recieves a you got hacked anyomous letter
6.playstations network was completely shut down in a week
7.I think its funny because it sounds like he didnt like to be sued

10Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Wed May 18, 2011 9:24 am

MajGraff

MajGraff

Yeah I don't want to see a new system anytime soon.

11Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Wed May 18, 2011 7:23 pm

awesomekiller24 wrote:If you think About it its kinda funny
1.playstation got hacked and is sueing
2.after they sue him he hacks them again
3.he shuts down the entire network and 77million people down
4.he shuts down all users and coders
5.playstation network recieves a you got hacked anyomous letter
6.playstations network was completely shut down in a week
7.I think its funny because it sounds like he didnt like to be sued
Wait, are you talking about Geo Hotz (George Hotz)? Because he only jailbroke it. they sued him and won over a claim that he broke the user agreement. That's ironic because now Sony is getting sued for breaking the user agreement by losing all that info and not telling people for a week. Also, the group "Anonymous" said that they weren't even responsible for all the hacking. It looked like they did break into the system, but it was someone else that took it the extreme it hit! And today, as they are trying to phase the PSN back in, there was a password reset exploit found that yet again "compromises the PSN". There is no way Sony will fully recover from all this, especially because they are probably still being targeted by a majority of their hacking community. I like to compare hackers to sharks, when they smell weakness and see a little blood in the waters, they go ballistic! Just like how the MW2 server was utterly broken and unusable when people realized that IW wasn't doing anything about it. As a matter of fact, Borderlands is the only game that I'VE seen where the massive hacking community around was actually a good thing, that added a little more creativity to the game.

12Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am

MajGraff

MajGraff

I remember when MW2 came out that in like a month of its release someone hacked it and gave everyone unlimited ammo. That was probably the most fun i've ever had playing that game. Also I agree with saying that Sony will never fully recover from this.

13Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Empty Re: Thoughts on PS3 debacle? Fri May 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Ohh yeah I remember that unlimited ammo hack that was sooo sweet!!!!!!!!
"good times"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum