Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things to Think About!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Things to Think About! Empty Things to Think About! Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Ok, so I figured I would start this thread as a place that everyone can post some of the random things you think about through out the day that would make other people think, or get confused, or with any luck, blow a brain cell!

2Things to Think About! Empty Re: Things to Think About! Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:25 pm

I'll start! Very Happy I just realized that the t.v. show "Robot Chicken" went from some show on Adult Swim a few years ago, to a huge hit! Now, the name Robot Chicken is turning into a genre that obsesses over the art of organized randomness! Also, thanks to that show for causing a massive increase in scatterbrains for people to deal with, thats always some fun to be had!

3Things to Think About! Empty Re: Things to Think About! Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Just Logan

Just Logan
Founder
Founder

^Don't double post Evil or Very Mad

Also, you have a very good point lol. The name robot chicken is generally no longer associated with the actual show, but like you said, it's an art. A form of storytelling. Just quick, to-the-point skits.

4Things to Think About! Empty Re: Things to Think About! Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:15 am

Yes, and the flow of the "Robot Chicken" genre reminds of some older comedians like Rodney Dangerfield (hoope I'm thinking of the right guy!) where their stand up acts were made up of a lot of quick jokes, and had entire sections of the act that was just punchline after punchline flying at you. I think that this syle is really a risk reward type of comedy. If done right, people will laugh untill they can't breathe, but if its off they will just get confused and annoyed. Luckily sometimes you can fall back on the old 99 slaps rule! Which basically tells you that if you throw out enough punches you are bound to connect with a few!

5Things to Think About! Empty Re: Things to Think About! Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:45 am

Just Logan

Just Logan
Founder
Founder

Look up Mitch hedburg

6Things to Think About! Empty Re: Things to Think About! Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:03 am

Kafungalung

Kafungalung
Founder
Founder

twisted bro you got us in a nutshell lmao.. we have some pretty risky skits but even if a few are bad the rest tend to be hilarious.. and for every skit one person hates 3 other people love it lmao.... ex angry beaver skit.... winning skit... koolaid skit... lmao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum