Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Posting Forge Maps on Youtube

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 am

Bobo Magroto

Bobo Magroto

This was my first idea with making Machinama, but basically a trail

Lately, Ive been doing maps on Forge and posting them on the Bungie.net site (So far, only two.. currently working on map #3). Just wondered if making a video showing the map layout, how it works and what it has and posting on Youtube is a good idea to get attention and help with map distribution. And also if its a good way to get into the Machimana scene

I like to hear some opinions and hints, it would really help me

2Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 am

SMGstrings

SMGstrings

I know the guys over at Forgehub recommend map videos. Typically it is recommended you post a a game of each of the suggested gametypes for the map as well as a callout guide if it is a competitive map.

3Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:31 am

Bobo Magroto

Bobo Magroto

SMGstrings wrote:I know the guys over at Forgehub recommend map videos. Typically it is recommended you post a a game of each of the suggested gametypes for the map as well as a callout guide if it is a competitive map.

Forgehub? if its a fourm or a site, is it possible to get a link?

Sounds like good advice, and that would be close to what I want to do, Mostly on the lines of a brief to detail explaination of the map layout *like how it is design and so*, and show what and where the weapons are *even the power weapons (some with little hidden surprises)*, but with gametypes, I mostly have Slayer FFAs and Teams, Im trying to work other gametype to my maps, through tutorials (Bit new in the forge scene, but I do have the creation virus in my body *new pun*)

But I do thank you for your advice SMGstrings

4Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:44 am

Kafungalung

Kafungalung
Founder
Founder

if you wanna get into machinima then map making probably isnt the best way.

For our episode 7 which is pretty much finished right now i had to go through and make and edit lots of maps for us to do some skits, so having good map editing skills is very good to have for machinima however i dont think its a good way to get into machinima.

Im fairly certain however that utilizing this site properly will help you get up and running.

Id recommend posting some ideas for what type of machinima you were wanting do do and make it a poll and see which is most liked.

Then try and gather some body actors from around the site and friends online and start making it.

then find a decent capturing device

then have your friends come over and help you voice act the script.

finally figure out how to edit and a good program for it and throw it up on youtube.

then advertise it on this site in the proper forum of coarse.

It sounds complicated probably if youve never made a machinima before but with proper utilization of other peoples knowledge on the forum you can do it..

its not easy but if it was everyone would do it

hope this helped you man good luck.

msg me if you have questions im sure i can help you out...

5Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:45 am

Bobo Magroto

Bobo Magroto

Kafungalung wrote:if you wanna get into machinima then map making probably isnt the best way.

For our episode 7 which is pretty much finished right now i had to go through and make and edit lots of maps for us to do some skits, so having good map editing skills is very good to have for machinima however i dont think its a good way to get into machinima.

Im fairly certain however that utilizing this site properly will help you get up and running.

Id recommend posting some ideas for what type of machinima you were wanting do do and make it a poll and see which is most liked.

Then try and gather some body actors from around the site and friends online and start making it.

then find a decent capturing device

then have your friends come over and help you voice act the script.

finally figure out how to edit and a good program for it and throw it up on youtube.

then advertise it on this site in the proper forum of coarse.

It sounds complicated probably if youve never made a machinima before but with proper utilization of other peoples knowledge on the forum you can do it..

its not easy but if it was everyone would do it

hope this helped you man good luck.

msg me if you have questions im sure i can help you out...

I see, but still... I like to try it, for advertising purposes. Thought it would a be a method to get noticed within Bungie and Youtube. Mainly because, if I attract people, they can use my maps for either multiplayer or machinima *modifications to the map I don't mind*(Plus I was thinking of an intro. video some time later on)

I guess you would've done that, even on some skits you guys have done on Ep.6.

I have a decent one I trailed on the weekend and seems to working really well, the "Roxio Game Cap", and I have noticed vid making is complicated, but that is why I thought I joiin the fourm and ask for assistance from pro's and vet's, "Hey, if I don't well, I can always try again until I get it right" (Take C.C and Fails like a man and rebuild)

I do thank you for the advice, Kafungalung. And Ill send a PM for queries in the future (But I'll try not to bug you, I know your a busy person)

6Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:23 am

Yes, and when you get all set up and making videos and putting them on Youtube try to make a schedule and stick to it. The hardest part of Youtube is finding an audience and if you want a consistent audience you need to give them consistent content wether its twice weekly, once weekly, biweekly, or once a month. Lastly, even if you aren't getting many views just keep making them and sticking to your schedule because there's an audience out there for everything, it can just take them time to find you!

7Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 pm

Try to get a lot of forge experts for good maps and angles also if you want a aircraft carrier map I have one its epic

8Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 pm

From what I've seen about 85 - 90% of machinima series only require minimal adjustments to the map. And even when you see larger adjustments, it is still not very often that you see something as large or complex as an aircraft carrier. But like awesomekiller said getting good angles is very important! It might seem small but carefully chosen angles can be the difference between a machinima looking ok, or looking great! Its always the details that separate the kind of show some one watches, or the kind of show someone truly follows!

9Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Also you need a good map setting try to play around with the colors to get a good lighting or place light globes around for dark plces also a good tip is to not make the walls uneven with another it looks shitty that way

10Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Yeah if you make a building or you're just forging in general, please take that initiative and make everything fit together evenly, every time I get a map and its all jagged and bumpy I immediately delete it!

11Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 pm

I wonder why you always have to agree to me then write somehing simalar to what I say

12Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 pm

Well. most people call it "adding on to" or "expanding on" what you said.

13Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Well………………………………••••••••••••••••••••••••••••°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°„„„„„„„„„„„„„„„„„„:::::::::::::***************** well after like 5 min so I gave him info and your adding on ey that's ok

14Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Empty Re: Posting Forge Maps on Youtube Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:50 am

Bobo Magroto

Bobo Magroto

Didn't really ask for a forge stage making lesson... Only asked if it was a good idea to make a video of a map I make in forge, explain the map in detail and show it to the halo community.

Plus if this can be a small stepping stone to machinima. It would really helpful

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum