Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

post here what you like and don't like about reach

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The title of the topic explains it
I don't like the leveling system

SMGstrings

SMGstrings

I'm just gonna give a small list of things I don't like about Reach as I'd probably be typing this up until 8 am if I go all out.

1. Horrible bloom system making it more advantageous to spam DMR rounds at midrange than time your final shots.
2. Lack of visible trueskill ranks now that they actually stopped using the horrible Halo 3 Trueskill.
3. Grenades (I could write a book on where I feel they went wrong here)
4. Jetpack and the way it destroyed the way Bungie had to build maps around it.
5. The fact that team armor lock rotation is too effective even when being used by players with minimal knowledge of actual team play.
6. Lack of melee bleed through forcing you to either commit to mashing melee or back tracking and only shooting...giving the edge to beating down.
7. Sword blocking

These are just a random assortment of complaints and are far from my top complaints when it comes to Reach.

I do like that the game has upgraded graphics and Gruntpocalypse...even though you can't just keep playing it on Corvette in matchmaking anymore.

I hate sword blocking it gets on my nerves, also I hate how it takes
3 mags to kill someone with the ma5 (assault rifle)

SMGstrings

SMGstrings

awesomekiller24 wrote:I hate how it takes
3 mags to kill someone with the ma5 (assault rifle)
Have you tried aiming at your opponent?

MajGraff

MajGraff

The leveling system is all right. I just wish it didn't take so long to level up. I like how they added in the armor abilities.

Gigaknight1

Gigaknight1

Ranking up takes forever but I like that people really get into the game and that makes it awesome

You can't aim witH the ma5

SMGstrings wrote:I'm just gonna give a small list of things I don't like about Reach as I'd probably be typing this up until 8 am if I go all out.

1. Horrible bloom system making it more advantageous to spam DMR rounds at midrange than time your final shots.
2. Lack of visible trueskill ranks now that they actually stopped using the horrible Halo 3 Trueskill.
3. Grenades (I could write a book on where I feel they went wrong here)
4. Jetpack and the way it destroyed the way Bungie had to build maps around it.
5. The fact that team armor lock rotation is too effective even when being used by players with minimal knowledge of actual team play.
6. Lack of melee bleed through forcing you to either commit to mashing melee or back tracking and only shooting...giving the edge to beating down.
7. Sword blocking

These are just a random assortment of complaints and are far from my top complaints when it comes to Reach.

I do like that the game has upgraded graphics and Gruntpocalypse...even though you can't just keep playing it on Corvette in matchmaking anymore.
Wow, you pretty much hit the nail on the head! And like you said, having to design maps with the jetpack in mind killed the game a bit, but not even just because they needed to give maps verticality! The map design in general on Reach was lazy and fairly uncreative. A chunk of the maps are just remakes and the ones that aren't are terrible. Most of the matchmaking revolves around awkward forge world maps, and I miss the creativity and originality of the maps from the Halo 3 days!

Yeah the maps are really effortless crap they didn't really do a lot with the maps
I could build all their forge worl maps in like 5minutes and just to say not a lot of
Vehicales in the maps and their to small

MajGraff

MajGraff

Yeah the maps that Bungie put in the game are pretty bad. Why don't they just actually bring back the maps from other games instead of recreating them? Also I have to agree that the jetpack did ruin the game a little bit.

SMGstrings

SMGstrings

MajGraff wrote:Yeah the maps that Bungie put in the game are pretty bad. Why don't they just actually bring back the maps from other games instead of recreating them? Also I have to agree that the jetpack did ruin the game a little bit.

Gameplay in Reach is completely different than any previous Halo so the map proportions had to be adjusted. Jet Pack alone ruined Bungie's ability to make fun maps in the game as they had to make each map so that Jet Pack users had incentive to use the POS's. Don't forget many corners and walls placed on maps were put there in previous games with the specific intention of being used to bounce nades. Can't bounce nades the way we could in H2 or 3 so direct ports again would not be the same anyway. Also reduced jump height as well as distance (and increased distance when using sprint) had to be factored in.

I've seen pixel perfect recreations made in forge world (minus color and ascetic recreations of course) and they have been quite unplayable without major gameplay adjustments.

TI hope if they remake combat envovle they won't skrewv up like they did with this one

OH yeah almost forgot...... if you leave to many games youl be on probation
for 10mins every game you quited........ I HATE THAT!SO MUCH!!!!!!!

MajGraff

MajGraff

Well the probation thing I haven't had a problem with as I usually never leave games early in Reach. However my one friend got banned from earning credits because he was idle in the game for too long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum